My Paperchase Adventures

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Quick and easy

Gotta love a quick and easy project!
The bee image came from The Graphics Fairy.  If you're not already a follower or regular visitor, you NEED to check out her amazing collection of images!  I printed on a vintage book page from my stash and used a Tim Holtz stamp for saying.

The frame was on clearance at Walmart for .25 and I'm kicking myself for not buying more than 4!  The mat was white, I Glimmer Misted and stamped the border.

I love the way this turned out and am sure I'll do a few more!

UPDATED to add that I've linked this project up with:
Graphics Fairy Brag Monday and Sunday Stampers Wing challenge.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gothic Arch part 5

Paint scraping technique. 

Another technique I like and will do again.  I'm not happy with the gold paper flowers - they gotta go but I'm not sure what to replace them with yet.

The image is a freebie from Dover clip art in one of their weekly emails.  I used foreign language book pages for the background.

Still thinking about how to bind the pages and am leaning towards mounting them on a heavier chipboard about 1/4" larger and painted dark chocolate brown.  I'll probably just use rings to hold it all together but haven't fully decided yet.

I've got #6 almost done - have changed my mind on it about a dozen know how that goes!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gothic Arch part 4

Arch 4 is color blocking and stamping.  Really like this technique, too!

I have a personal problem ripping books apart so to ease my pain I've started buying books in foreign language.  The pages in the background are Swedish, I think.

I used distress inks for the color blocks-they came out lighter than I expected-not sure but I think it's the gesso.  Used watercolor paint for the bird breast and inside of the heart.  Had to use Stickles on the crowns!  The butterfly is a rub-on and the stars are confetti.

Moving right along to number 5!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gothic Arch part 3

UPDATE-I'm going to put myself out on a limb and link this one to a Gothic Arches challenge.  Click HERE to see the others!

Arch 3 uses the layered collage technique and this was a tough one for me.  I'd never tried this before and spent a little too much time picking out the layers then stressed over the ripping and gouging.  I really like how it turned out, though, and will do layering again.

I'm not sure that it's done, I feel that something's missing...
Roni's left the binding options open so I'm not sure how I'm going to pull everything together when we're done.  I think I'll wait until the series is done before making the decision.  Once I know how I'm going to bind them, I'll probably add more to each one.

#4 is started - having a blast!